View Single Post
Old Sep 21st, 2018, 10:36   #10
Markos01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungo View Post
If you have the car serviced by dealer then they are more open to deactivating them for free or lower charge. Only problem is that a dealer service price compared to others means it tends to end up the same cost.
I put a foam ring around the switch and put it on door handle so I am reminded to switch off when getting out.
Agree regarding the main dealer service aspect Bungo, but doubt I'll use a main dealer for this car as it's history isn't fVsh – if it was I might've maintained it.

Good solution to avoid forgetting the lights on exit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom View Post
No, not really "dimmer", atleast not in terms of human eye. Its controlled by PWM (power modulo) similar to the 4-pin fans in your PC. On "day" settings those are getting 60% PWM so technically its not receiving full power BUT human eye see it still as fully "on", when on night setting are provided with almost full (90% I think) PWM power. Cant describe it better as I dont fully understand the electronic behind it but thats how it works
also, thats the main reason why installing HID ballast and running it on 60% PWM can cause all uplseantness (hence all this DRL=OFF before you go HID , posts).
OK, good to know LOB. At night I've just left the lights in the '0' position: I'll try it on the other setting and see if I can tell any difference as in theory it should bump up another 30% which should be noticeable.