View Single Post
Old Oct 5th, 2018, 21:21   #11
FK77

Not sure why I didn’t get notifications of updates to this thread. Must check my settings...

The salesman gave me the reason for this delay a few weeks ago. As someone posted above, the issue is with hybrid models only. There is a new regulation which means they can’t manufacture batteries in the same factory as the rest of the car. Apparently there’s a safety risk. So Volvo (and I imagine some other manufacturers as well) are having to move battery production to other premises.

I still don’t have a date but to be honest I’ve been too busy to chase the dealership. I was given the option to either a) cancel my order and get a full refund of my deposit; or b) buy a used car from them and get a discounted finance rate. Due to being tied up with other things, I haven’t really given it any thought. I bought a cheap run-around about a month ago which, touch wood, hasn’t broken down (yet) so it could keep us going until Jan/Feb/Mar. That is, if I decide to wait for a new car.

@aptones interesting that you’ve been given a mid December delivery date. The salesman told me Volvo will only re-start building T8s from Jan ‘19!
FK77 is offline   Reply With Quote