View Single Post
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 22:09   #1
JBinding

Default D5 Auto - Acceleration lag when pulling off

Ok guys...I'm a newbie so this site and forum is fanatstic... and I'm sure this has been discussed at length on this forum and I'm sure there is a thread that I can't find but.....

I've just bought a used (10 months old/12k) XC90 SE which I'm in love with... great room, very smooth drive, lots of toys...she's a beauty, no regrets....

However, both my wife and I have noticed that pulling away from stand still say at lights or a junction for example that there is about a 2 second delay before the engine really begins to pull...we both thought it was just the way we were driving...(not used to auto and diesel) but now I'm concerned that this is a characteristic of the car/engine...

So go on, do your worse, open the flood gates, shatter my dreams with a Clarkson like tirade and tell me that I've just bought a dud! and there is nothing that can been done about it and I'll have to get used to it!

I don't really want to chip it...that kind of thing scares the bejaysus out of me but I'm worried that the slow pull off is more than a bit dangerous! Have Volvo done anything to address this issue? Any news or tips would be gratefully received...

Happy motoring! (I Hope)

JB