View Single Post
Old Nov 15th, 2014, 20:16   #2
Marc01

1. I find the handling sure footed, like many a review has said the steering lacks a little feedback, its not to bad under power through corners. Having driven VW GTI's and GTD's there really is no comparison when it comes to really pushing on and driver involvement the VW's win in this area.
I personally find the drive relaxing, it has the grip and composure to hold its line through the bends when pushed hard, but is less Hot Hatch and more a capable relaxed cruiser.
As for sports pack, I test drove both the standard Dynamic and sports chassis, I felt the Dynamic more than kept the body roll in check and was nicely firm, I felt the sport chassis was fine but really didn't give any noticeable gain in the handling front to the best in the class or over the Dynamic chassis, also the -10mm of lowering is barely noticeable. So in the end as a personal choice went for the Dynamic chassis and used the cash from the sports option elsewhere.
The car is fun, only you had the BMW 130i so it may not be your cup of tea. the Merc A Class perhaps that is one good looking car to.

2. I'm a Weezel man so went for the new D4 so can't help you here.

3. I tried the Auto in the T5 which also had the sports pack, the T5 is a great engine the old gearbox is not! this really let that great engine down, the newer Auto's are from what i gather as good as anything else out there at the moment.

4&5 can't help you here.

6. Never tried the Premium sound, I hear it is very good, I also like the standard system that came with my V40, its more than good enough for "my" ears
Marc01 is offline   Reply With Quote