View Single Post
Old Jan 9th, 2018, 20:20   #2
kid n london

Default Similar problem on my V4 D2 1.6 2014

Last summer I had my first incident when I ended up with a coolant warning and an empty tank, later it happened more often I had to top up several times. I've been trying to figure out what was wrong. If it was the pipes or if the tank was leaking.

For a few weeks I had no problems but then again I ended up with an almost empty tank. I filled up and drove for about another month and then it happen again, I got the error/warning for engine fault and had to turn the engine off. Again the coolant was empty and I had to fill up. It was fine for a while and I had my car in for service end of 2017. The Volvo garage found coolant leaked over big parts of the area around the pips connecting to the coolant pump. They said it must be the pipes and maybe the pump and that it can cost about £1000 for the hours/work to change it.

It is not OK to have such a problem on a car that is only a few years old. I don't care if the warranty has expired, it is unacceptable that the parts can't be of better quality, its a 4 year old car. The Volvo garage have in agreement with me put a sealer into the system to slow to leak. I will contact Volvo national office and complain. We should not have to put up with this.

(I am using the green recommended cooler so it should hot had a negative impact on the system)

My problem might not... or maybe it will be as big as yours. I don't know yet. I haven't even got started!
What you've been going through is mad. Changed so many parts and still not have a resolution.
I will follow this thread to see if any other had any similar problem. And I'll share what I might find or what will be done on my car.
Have you been in contact with Volvo national?
Wish I had ideas to be of help.

Last edited by kid n london; Jan 9th, 2018 at 20:52.
kid n london is offline   Reply With Quote