View Single Post
Old Feb 20th, 2024, 20:25   #12
seanc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simeon90 View Post
Hi all,

The car - 2015 XC60 Auto 2.0d 80k miles (190 FWD) with full Volvo service history, last serviced September 2023.

Had it for just over a week and it has an annoying issue that I'm hoping someone may be able to shed some light on. I've done a search and found a similar thread, but it was to do with a petrol rather than diesel vehicle.

At low speeds, say 20mph - 40mph, if you ease off the throttle lightly the car kangaroos a couple of times, not violently, but noticeably. The best description is when in a manual car and you are in too high gear for the low speed.

It is exactly the same when accelerating lightly, feels like a manual in too high gear and kangaroos a couple of times. Doesn't do it every time, but it's fairly frequent. It did it this morning to me coming around a roundabout at 20mph as I accelerated for my exit, so it's not just when cruising at a constant speed (which is when I first noticed it).

If you are a bit more aggressive with the throttle it seems better, presumably because the gearbox is kicking down and revs are kicked up a bit.

Doesn't seem to matter whether it's warm or cold, although I'd say it's not a particularly pleasant drive at low speeds when it's cold, gear changes are slower than I'd like and hangs in gear quite a bit.

Dealer (non-volvo) I bought it from scanned it before I bought it and there's no codes stored apparently. I've read that these gearboxes need oil changes at about 80k miles? Presumably the latest software is on there as dealer serviced in September.

I was avoiding autos when searching for one of these cars as I was worried about gearbox issues, but the wife wanted an auto, so here we are..

Any thoughts or experiences appreciated, before I spend a fortune chasing the issue with a garage.

Thanks
My V60 with 8 speed box isn't too keen on fluctuating acceleration <30mph, it feels like it jerks back and forth between gears. It had a fluid change shortly after I got it around 127k, it's now on 147k.