View Single Post
Old Sep 8th, 2015, 21:15   #18
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
Jumping in - which is the better Dinotrol to use on an existing chassis that hasn't been treated before and is starting to show signs that it needs protecting - older land rover

Not sure if it is Dinotrol ML or ML3125 that I should use

Any suggestions or ideas?
I use Dinitrol ML3125 in all the cavities on the Volvo and it works well. It also has a pleasant perfumed smell so doing inside the doors and rear wings/wheel arches does not leave an oily smell in the car like Waxoyl does.

Several years ago my son restored a Ford XR3i Cabriolet, proper last nut and bolt to concours job. He used Dinitrol 445 stonechip under the wings and wheel arches and around the sparewheel well and it was very successful, leaving a dry factory finish. Under the floorpan he used 4941 black underbody, this was not so successful as it remains tacky and picks up the road dust. Even after 5 years it is still slightly tacky, with hindsight he would have used the stone chip under the whole of the underside. All cavities, doors etc ML3125 was used. All above applied with a Shutz gun and cavity lance. Still no sign of any rust anywhere
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post: