View Single Post
Old Mar 20th, 2020, 19:10   #45
CosmicBike

Well it's day 3 of self isolation thanks to my daughter having symptoms. I've done work, I've nearly finished the en-suite shower room, so I figured some car time.
I've got everything now for a full major service, but before having a day at it decided to see if the fan to water pump bolts would come off easily, and also if the crankshaft pulley bolt would come loose with a breaker bar (car in gear with handbrake on), or whether I'd need the special tool.

Well the 10 minute job took 2 hours. The fan bolts were so tight the car was rocking through the drivetrain. Eventually 3 nuts removed, the 4th took more effort with mole grips in the end and bought the stub with it. With the fan shroud removed I tried to crack the crankshaft pulley bolt, I only have a 12" breaker bar so not surprised I got nowhere, but the car was moving so I think either the correct tool, or an impact wrench, to get that done.

Whilst in there it was clear the water pump was leaking, and the seal to the head was perished somewhat. Oil leak from crank seal too, so a few more bits to order before I can actually do anything.
CosmicBike is offline   Reply With Quote