View Single Post
Old Jan 24th, 2017, 09:20   #7
MarkDrury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek UK View Post
I do know the red/white car. It's very tasty especially as it is a B16. I had one just like it, same cours, back in '67. I have pictures taken the last 3 years at the Battlesbridge show. I've chatted to the owner but the amount it's lowered wasn't mentioned. I think it was standard height in 2014 from the pic I have and lowered in the next two years pictures. I would still guess that the drop is less than 100mm and more at the front than the back. Classicswede knows how his short springs look and may like to comment.
Your car looks great. Maybe too nice to mod but that's just my opinion. Your bikes may indicate your rod/custom interests. I am on your side for that.
Hi Derek,

Thanks for the response - The parts are actually coming from Dai @ Classic Swede and that's the picture he sent me of the 100mm drop so fingers crossed it won't be any lower - I would have gone 80mm but the springs are not progressive like the 100mm ones.

The car is actually already on minilites (which i'm changing) and Bilsteins with rally springs so really i'm not making any further changes to whats already been done, just different ones.

Don't worry I wouldn't do anything that couldn't be easily reversed - i'm certainly not going to be cutting the car, just enjoying putting my stamp on it.
MarkDrury is offline   Reply With Quote