View Single Post
Old Oct 20th, 2017, 20:12   #17
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukden View Post
Prepare to be surprised!

I agree, all I need is a horizontal cut off to the beam (very flat top, as you say).

Every time I use the car after dark it does indeed shine onto both walls and (white) garage doors as I leave home.

However, the beam pattern is indeed a nice clean horizontal line, but only from dead ahead and to the right. The beam from dead ahead to the left is also a nice straight line but it is at an angle of about 20 degrees to the horizontal.
Every car I have owned since 1972 has had a similar beam pattern.

I have been motoring abroad for 40 years (up to about 3000 miles/year) and consequently been sticking "beam deflectors" onto headlamps all of that time. The XC60 is the first car I have owned with LED lights, I had hoped that there might have been a more "Hi Tech" solution, it is looking like I may be disappointed.

I have asked Volvo Customer Support the question, when (if?) I get an answer, I will post it here.
The days of sticking tape on headlights has gone, modern LED lights are designed to work on the left or right. Or they can be altered to suit either side.
nu11eaf is online now   Reply With Quote