Thread: Wanted XC90
View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2018, 15:31   #12
4x4
Premier Member

I bought the first XC90 I viewed. I was well aware there would be faults with it at 8 years old, but with only one owner and full Volvo history and serviced every year I knew there was a good chance that it hadn't been abused.
On my second day of ownership the faults started to appear and it took the dealer a bit of persuading before he would do the repairs, I could have rejected the car and walked away but I knew that once sorted there was a lovely car so I persevered and eventually got 'most' of the problems sorted. There were a couple of issues I repaired myself and took the broken parts back and demanded a refund for parts which I duly received. It's still not perfect, but I'm slowly working through the repairs, last week was front discs & pads, this weekend will be rear discs, pads and handbrake shoes, then Haldex service, It will need an air-con condenser at some time in the near future also diff and angle gear oil changed and then I'll be happy

Sometimes when you get a good feeling about something you've just got to go with your gut and take the plunge

Attached Images
File Type: jpg polisheda.jpg (82.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg polished2 copy.jpg (84.5 KB, 68 views)
Volvo 850 GLT website
4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 4x4 For This Useful Post: