View Single Post
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 18:47   #209
rwdkev
VOC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
It's in my watch list .....
Haha Dave, yes this ultimate Volvo estate is creating quite a bit of interest - no surprise there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
.....do you know if it's a factory one or a Nilsson or what?
Nearly every 700/900 conversion (limo, hearse, ambulance) was performed by Nilsson and this was the case with older models as well. So the chances are this is indeed a Nilsson and looking at the quarterlight in the 2nd row doors, it almost certainly is. This estate is the first stretch I've seen with a sunroof.

Volvo don't do any of this sort of work themselves but they do actually endorse the Nilsson so you could argue this is as close as you can get to a factory vehicle. This estate is the first stretch I've seen with a sunroof.

At one point you could order Nilsson vehicles through Volvo dealers although I don't know if this is still the case. I remember as a young lad around 1980 (I caught the Volvo bug very early thanks to dad buying his first in 1973!) gawping at a brand new 264 TE in the local franchised showroom in Dorset. It wasn't until the Volvo Marque Day at Gaydon in 2007 (Volvo's 80 birthday) that I saw another one and the condition of that was far from new. In fact, it looked like an old barn find, especially as was there on a trailer!
rwdkev is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rwdkev For This Useful Post: