View Single Post
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 13:48   #27
Pete_c20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post
I've played the Necam code game. There are little or no codes to read from the Necam system. Reading that injector cleaner thread and it seems to bear out here, gas of whichever flavour is actually worse for injectors than running said liquid thru' them.
Yep, so have I. At one stage I had the LPG ECU with its pants down and scoped every one of its lines to see if there was a diagnostics code to be had anywhere. While running and also on power up. I could find one that appeared just after power up that looks like a diagnostics code but I can't make sense of it....yet. It'll be in there somewhere!
If you do come across a code you're trying to figure out run it by me as I've been collecting LPG manuals for some time now and anything to do with koltec/necam stuff.

Quote:
My Bifuel has 100K odd of almost exclusive petrol miles, and if I understand correctly, yours Pete has exactly the opposite. Injector wear is a factor of mileage, not petrol use. Wear is made greater teh more you use gas. Quite why i'm not sure i understand. I'm readign that injector thread now. Which expalins why your problem is more severe than mine, you've used more gas. A paradox. I have no startign issues, whereas you're on the edge of driveability by the sound of it.
Hmmn interesting. Yes mines done about 126K miles on LPG and under about 1K on petrol. It's been driven on petrol so little that my other half and I would take the mick out of one another for burning petrol. Buying petrol became a real closet thing :-).

Quote:
If you're running a MY1998 Bi-fuel you must have the same injector set-up as my MY1999. Fuel pump cannot be switched off or my valve trick used. We ahve to clean or reaplce injectors. For £4.00 I'm going to put a bottle of Comma injector cleaner in there. Don't bother with STP or wynns I'm told (twice the price and the same stuff). I suspect it will not work but so cheap it si worth a go. I'll fuel my car with the stuff for 3-4 tanks to see it if flushes thru'.
Be interesting to know how that goes. Not sure which setup I have but will try to figure it out. Will have a look at those links a bit later. Ta.

Quote:
I see used injector rails for 2.4 Volvos go on the 'bay for £20, trouble is I don't know what I should be buying. Monkeh tells... seems the T5 is not the same part.
In Jim's injector cleaning thread somebody asked the question ' Hi would you happen to know what cc the t5 injectors flow please' and Jim answered 'Orange 315cc blues 366cc @ 3 bar. Temperature/humidity dependant'. So it looks like the colour denotes capacity and some other spec too. I'm sure somebody on the wider forum knows a lot about this stuff.
Pete_c20 is offline   Reply With Quote