View Single Post
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 20:14   #5
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Default Re\: Sports Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyericsson View Post
Polaris alloys, rear spoiler, colour, interior, spec, badging, grill, all sports editions were badged SE but in a different way to the standard SE. Someone on here who said he was part of the team that speced these cars, stated that to keep costs down, rather than produce new badges for the car, they just used the SE badge and added the turbo badge. Because of this people with an SE always seem to think they have a sports edition, but the spec between the two is different. Belive me if you go and see it you will see the difference. Others on here will be able to provide the conclusive evidence by the reg number or vin number, as some on here have the ability to check these things, but to me it is a sports edition, I wait to be proved wrong but it looks very like one. Plus to have all the sports options fitted either when it was new or source them after is a very expensive job, unless you are very lucky. The Polaris wheeels on the car are worth its start price and more alone, even if someone bought it cheap and broke it for parts they would make 5 times the start price and still be left with most of the car left.
Actually the original sales brochure says they sit on Galaxy alloys, not Polaris.

I'm still interested in the car as a whole, to be honest.

Cheers,

T