View Single Post
Old Jan 10th, 2019, 21:11   #12
The Thong
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Feel Old View Post
Tis all very interesting fellas, however it doesn't help me understand my issues…and you'll likely put those in the know off admitting they have modern cars.

I'll confess to being somewhat won over by technology over the years. Most, but certainly not all, technology enhancements I dismissed have pleasantly surprised me over the years.

An example on my last car being the bendy xenon headlights. It was new, but sitting in the showroom with the dealer desperate to shift it, so xenon I had an open mind on, the bendy bit I simply thought was a gimmick…no longer, so much so I wanted them on my Volvo…and of course along with that comes the shadow technology…not perfect, but a fantastic function.

In addition the new to me in the Volvo which, having previously seen as a gimmick, I rate;

The HUD
Auto speed limiter
The tailgate sensor opening (if I could get it to work properly)
I had a V60 D4 Inscription as a courtesy car recently and I have to agree with you there. The HUD is a nice feature once you get over staring at it rather than where you’re driving and where has the active limiter been all my life? Ok, it’s got a flaw in it which is a little annoying but maaaaan I like it. Motorised tailgate? I can live without that, it’s a potential fail that could be a pain in the chuff. I have bendy lights on my V60 and they’re ok but I can live without em TBH. I have to admit though, I’m quite taken with the glass roof with retracting headliner. Modern cars are great until they go wrong then it’s off to the dealers rather than patching em up on the side of the road enough to get you home.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Thong For This Useful Post: