View Single Post
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 20:19   #111
green van man
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Feel Old View Post
I could respond point by point, Paul, however I'll just say that my post is the way I see it going. I did not say I agree with it, that it will be a good thing, that it will (or will not be) environmentally friendly, I see it as the way transport is changing.

I'd be interested in hearing how you see it, rather than the pros and cons.
You may well be right if we are sheeple rather than people. Again I recomend viewing some of Mark Blyth talks for his explination of the blind leading the blind.
When you realise that those in charge have no more idea of how to fix the ills of the country than the man in the moon you start to realy question the assumptions our society is built upon and their actions to right imaginary ills.

Blyth is an economist and social scientist and frankly if he is correct then we are stuffed big time as the policies being followed are based on inappropriate scenarios based on flawed research that asked the wrong questions then misinterpreted the results.

I belive that inertia will maintain its status quo. M4 relief road around Newport, talked about for 20 years still not decided. Wifa 2, Hinckley 2, 15 years of planning and the plug pulled. Now talk of rethinking energy policy ignoring the fact that an atomic power station takes at least 10 years to biuld with another 2 to comition. Then we will have a change of government and policies will be revised, add leaving EU and no regulation from ECJ into the mix and stacis will reign at least and untill more pressing matters like potholes are fixed.

Untill and unless I am forced not to then I'm keeping my diesel cars and driving them myself. Have no interest in new volvos as they are all autos so will never buy one, along with most if not all of their equals. What I have fulfils my needs, is baught and paid for, why would I want to change?

Paul.

Last edited by green van man; Jan 15th, 2019 at 20:21.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote