Thread: DLA and PIP
View Single Post
Old Mar 21st, 2017, 19:25   #20
Mike 700
Premier Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cumbrianmale View Post
My Mrs is on DLA, highest care and lower mobility, and her mobility has deteriorated but we put off changing her claim in fear of what PIP has in store for us. She has enduring mental illness and other illnesses in addition to her osteoarthritis. When she originally claimed she could stand and walk limited distances without pain but now she is in constant pain and needs her scooter whenever we go out. She really should be on higher mobility or be given hip replacements but we're to scared to claim and she's too young for replacements at 50. Catch 22
As I understand it, at cumbrianfemale's age, DLA will be replaced by PIP in any event, so you may be simply putting off the evil day, during which time she is suffering, perhaps unnecessarily?

If the fear is 'losing benefits' then that is understandable, but the answer is to prove that she is in need of them , and not only can the doctor help, but so can you in several ways - friends of mine in the same frame of mind, have managed with some help, and it appears that there are now fewer appeals & court cases?

Genuine claimants should never fear the assessment, especially if 'without medication' they present as genuinely in need of help?
Feb23 Qashqai e Power, June 21 Volvo XC90 Recharge R design.June18 TiguanSELNew 2017XC60RDesign NavLux,New 2015 Qashqai n-tec+,New 2014V60SE,New2011XC60 RDesign,New XC90SeLux,NewMay2005XC70 D5 SeLux plus.
Mike 700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike 700 For This Useful Post: