View Single Post
Old Mar 24th, 2020, 13:01   #23
Tannaton
Bungling Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
..... since 2010 i have used Winters at least on the fronts, only issues with winters is the spinning at take off. I will always use PW's but then im a tight @ss, reason is the same as to why i never fill the tank, 1st time i do it will die on me lol A bonus of a PW is that you can choose the tyre(s) so you can normally get a good make although trying to find PW winters in 245/45/17 locally is like trying to find rocking horse poop.
.....Winters at least on the front ???

You own a Volvo for which you would have likely paid more to buy than a Mundano or a Vectra/Insignia of the same ago... and you want to save a for quid on second hand tyres and using winters only on the front??

Suggest you have a look on Youtube at videos with good/winter tyres on the front and less so on the rear. I'm not trying to score points on you but I genuinely think you might be shocked as to the potential consequences of what you are doing.

We can dabate used tyres all day but they way I see it would you be happy if your daughters' boyfriend was using a second hand condom? No...
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500
1976 Massey Ferguson 135
Tannaton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tannaton For This Useful Post: