View Single Post
Old Mar 25th, 2020, 01:04   #24
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
.....Winters at least on the front ???

You own a Volvo for which you would have likely paid more to buy than a Mundano or a Vectra/Insignia of the same ago... and you want to save a for quid on second hand tyres and using winters only on the front??

Suggest you have a look on Youtube at videos with good/winter tyres on the front and less so on the rear. I'm not trying to score points on you but I genuinely think you might be shocked as to the potential consequences of what you are doing.

We can dabate used tyres all day but they way I see it would you be happy if your daughters' boyfriend was using a second hand condom? No...
Already been down this debate ally before on here, i will say it again though, Snow chains on a 2wd generally go on the drive wheels only, so with that logic, i would much prefer winter tyres on the drive wheels at the least.

And as i said before on here the YT video that demonstrates the winter tyres on just the drive wheels is flawed in the way that, would anyone in the real world seriously take a roundabout or a hairpin bend in the snow at 40 mph, i know i never in a million years would, i have never had the back end step out on me like he managed to.

As for your used condom comparison, thats just crazy talk, no one would ever want to do that let alone daughter etc. where as many thousands use part worn tyres and as ive already stated, i have not had any issues with them since '94.