View Single Post
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 13:54   #13
capt jack
VOC Member

Default Plug ugly?

All that's been said about multi-point plugs certainly is borne out from my experience of running my 97 2.5 10v V70 on LPG for almost 200,000 miles now.

I've found that Volvo and Bosch multi-point plugs will certainly start to misfire within a few hundred miles.

Champion, NGK and Bosch superplus single point plugs are a bit better, but will still start missing before 10,000 miles are covered.

The plugs I've found work the best are Denso. I had to buy a set one time when the Bosch plugs in the car started playing up, and all the local motor factor had in stock were Denso plugs. It was a real stroke of luck because they have been consistently brilliant.

The Denso plugs I use are the bog standard basic copper-cored single point type K20PR-U. I set the gap at 0.8mm. Best of all these sell at our local Motor Factors for around £2-odd each. I change the plugs every 10k miles, but I reckon they'd probably go on much longer - even when they come out the gap is still good, and there's no obvious signs of deterioration at all.

Cheers

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote