View Single Post
Old Aug 23rd, 2011, 23:10   #25
volvo always
Premier Member

My Grandparents had a 1985 340GL 3 door. C159 BTA It was blue and was manual with the 1.4 engine. We had it for nearly 6 years. I liked the car and for a small car it was quite roomy and well laid out. I did nearly come to grief when I went round a right bend and then a left bend in the wet doing about 15mph. A bit scary as I was heading towards a lampost. The weight rolled to the left and lost the back of the car. I managed to correct it and was on my way again. My Grandparents were a bit shaken.

It did have it's starting issues after being driven. You would have to wait 15 minutes to restart from warm sometimes.

I would definately have another 300 although a 360GLS or GLT. My dad had one of these and it was 2 litre volvo block and quite fast if he wound it up It was about an 83.

We were moving and bought a volvo estate and had no interest in the 340 as it was quite rusty on the arches but did have 9 months MOT. Sold to a dealer for £50.00. Shortly after saw a woman driving it. I bet it's been scrapped now. It was rather scruffy body wise.

James
volvo always is offline   Reply With Quote