View Single Post
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 14:31   #29
940Graeme
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lami17 View Post
Hi, I have been showing some interest in this car but would really appreciate some advice on the vario drive. I have owned a number of 340's over the years but never a vario. I always do my own maintenance but what should I expect to cause problems with the vario and can you get parts from anywhere. How long do belts last etc. Any views on the vario would be appreciated. Are they really thirsty compared to the manual? Many thanks..
I loved my vario, though luckily the box had been very well looked after and ran perfectly so I never had to do anything to it! It did take some "learning" after other auto's (don't start in P, don't rev it in P etc), and feathering the throttle to get the "overdrive" to kick in was a real art! Once mastered though it was like a go-cart to drive and utterly brilliant for whizzing round town in. Fuel econ was terrible at best 24mpg, and worse than my 940, but yes I'd have another tomorrow - indeed I'd have this one, at the right price!!!

If you really are interested, do let me know, as I said it is only down the road from me and I'd be happy to give it a proper look over for you.

Graeme
940Graeme is offline   Reply With Quote