Thread: T4 Boost level
View Single Post
Old Mar 23rd, 2011, 18:01   #4
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyV View Post
Know I know a t4 standard boost a 0.9bar, mine usually is between 0.9-1.0 but in 5th gear it shoots up to 1.2bar. I have a decat and panel filter, causing engine management light to stay on but is it normal to boost at this level?
......if you had a cat. and four turns from standard on the actuator arm for the wastegate you would be pulling the same boost as i am about 1.2....17 to 18 psi and mine will pull that at 120mph ,i have been at that for 2yrs ...it does not spike and then drop as the speed goes up.......you must not go above 20psi as it is detrimental to the standard engine the boost is detrimental but not the power it produces if you have the larger turbo for more BHP then the boost is about the same with no ill effects........as T4 tony says you are probably pulling that boost at a higher speed because the exhaust is more efficient at those revs. but you are also burning more fuel as the O2 sensors are not calibrating the fuel correctly at lower speeds that is why your light is on , bad emmissions!!......so you can still pull the higher boost with a cat. as mine and be fuel efficient.....at WOT the O2 sensors are open loop and not in the game so that does not matter but when you slow up that is when the fuel economy comes into play......

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg
960kg is offline   Reply With Quote