View Single Post
Old Nov 17th, 2017, 10:19   #6
CaerYnArfon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmonag View Post
it is well worth doing.. and it is a DIY job
Will second that. I used the Gibbons method (search Youtube for a really good video) Used JWS 3309 Automatic transmission fluid. Got it from Opie oils.

Hi mine is a 10 plate but a 2011 D5 model.

I replaced my oil using a slightly modified Gibbons method. I taped a funnel to the return line you pull out of the top of the oil cooler (top right of radiator as you stand in front of the car) and made sure it was steady when replacing the oil. I poured in the same volume as I removed each time I removed some. It is slightly slower but less hassle than removing the Air intake, and all the othe rbits and pieces required.

Mine is a TF-80SC gearbox (probably but worth checking your manual) then I used JWS 3309 Automatic transmission fluid. Got it from Opie oils online. bought about 8-9 litres (I think)

Opinion seems to be that It really SHOULD be the red JWS3309. But have heard other oils being used.

Also another thing, I bought some replacement O rings from Skandix but went for the cheaper black ones... wished I bought the yellow OEM ones now I feel they might have fitted better. but are £5 each! lol. However no leaks even with the black ones :-)

On the whole it was very satisfying and fairly easy to do...

Didn't need to use the drainplug which only partially drains the oil and needs to be repeated over a few days. The gibbons method you carry on (while you've got fresh oil to put in it) until it runs clear red again