Thread: General: - C70 Satnav
View Single Post
Old Nov 18th, 2017, 00:05   #2
Sysyphus

There was a factory satnav option for the C70... not sure if it is possible to retrofit, but it would be absurdly expensive for a unit that is spectacularly primitive by 2017 standards.

Only unit I know of that fits neatly into the console is the BluePower BLP-990... that too is somewhat primitive, not at all easy to install and rather kludgy... whiel it does mange to use all the controls and emulate the standard display, it strikes me as a project the guy(s) got fed up with when it was 80% done. Mine's been sitting in the box for a month now since it arrived while I wait to have the time and inclination to install it.

Other third party options are restricted by the way Volvo integrated the climate controls and display with the entertainment system... it is possible, but far from straightforward.

To be honest I'm not at all unhappy using Google maps on my phone, with it set up to play voice prompts as Bluetooth phone calls it works fine with the built in Volvo hands-free system.. I didn't need a sim - just had to pair my phone with it and it worked very well after I found the Bluetooth volume setting on my phone.

Pretty sure its windows down only with the remote as standard... if you fit the SmartTop module from Mods4Cars you can control the roof and windows in both directions with the keyfob
Sysyphus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sysyphus For This Useful Post: