View Single Post
Old Sep 26th, 2018, 20:06   #9
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentepazza View Post
Is the rear diff the same as the 240?
The differential itself might be the same but the back axle will certainly be different on multi-link (IRS) models. Not so sure on the live axle versions.

Aside from a 240 estate that i used to drive when the 360GLT was in for a service, i've not had much to do with the 240 i'm afraid. I've never owned one, the only one i've driven was that company estate and i don't think i've ever seen one through any workshops i've been in except maybe for an alternator or headlamp bulbs or something similar.

Did look at buying one when i was about 18 with allegedly 43k from new on an A reg (so about 4-5 years old at the time but i was having a pint in my local and talking to one of the local taxi drivers. He spotted the ad in the Auto Trader that i had open and asked why i had it open at that page - said i was going to look at that Volvo. Turned out it was an ex-taxi owned by the firm he drove for, had done 243k, was nothing but trouble from new and nothing had changed!

That was the closest i came to owning a 240 so can't help you i'm afraid.
Needless to say i didn't bother!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote