View Single Post
Old Aug 1st, 2019, 15:27   #237
John Underhill

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Underhill View Post
Hi Lukas

I have a 2002 V70 D5 SE with about 125,000 miles on the clock. I have had intermittent problems with the dashboard clock spinning for a couple of years and today I noticed the indicator tell-tales on the dash weren't working, then when I stopped and parked up the speedo and tacho needles remained vertical. When I came back to the car 2 hours later the needles had returned to 0 but on turning on the ignition the only visible light I got was the amber engine management light which went out on starting, but none of the instruments or other lights/displays were working at all. I did a scan with my BSR PPC scanner and recorded the following faults:

CCM001F - always there!
DIM0003
DIM0005
SRS00D4

Whilst erasing the faults for the second time the dashboard came back to life and now appears to be functioning normally, other than the clock spinning when trying to set the time and all the codes (other than CCM001F) have gone and not reappeared after a run.

Am I right in assuming this is the well known DIM issue with this model and should I now send it off to you for a refurb?

Cheers

John Underhill
Just an update on this post, I contacted Lukas and found he was going on holiday on 2 Aug, but he agreed that if I put my DIM in the post he would turn it round before he left!

I duly sent it RM special Delivery by 1pm and it arrived at 12.10pm on Wednesday 31st July. it was delivered to my door fully repaired the next morning 1st August at 1030am. Absolutely no issues or codes on reinstallation and everything now works as it should.

Absolutely brilliant service - thank you Lukas