View Single Post
Old Oct 18th, 2022, 09:34   #49
wmitchell

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-V70 D5 2003 View Post
Same old same old I'm afraid guys. This Ford, I mean Volvo, V50 problems are notorious and no one seems to know why. What does seem to be common is that after you fiddle, be it cleaning CEM contacts/fuses etc the car will often be ok for 2mths at a time. I cant help thinking this is so common there must be a link. Maybe system picking up lots of random issues without mention and then suddenly gives up and kicks out a random error. Be it engine system service/Anti-skid service/etc. We have had everything cleaned up contacts wise. About the only thing left here is the white wire bypass from pedal switch to CEM but I wont hold my breath that will last either. It looks like my pedal sensor plug has already been done as all the wires are now red which indicates the wires and plugs have been changed, which was also a recommendation.

I am at a total loss and finally give up. get rid of the darn cars ASAP.

Mine has stop start which works great when car used often but I rarely use it these days (had car since 2019) so it doesnt work due to battery being low I guess. It starts again after a long run of a few hours but thats the general story for last year or so. However I decided to disconnect the battery last week for a few hours to see if that help with gremlins. First thing I noticed when reconnected and taken for a short drive was the stop/start was working perfectly for the entire trip of about an hour, so maybe a dozen times in total. This clearly means it cant be a battery issue after all. Mine has two, one for car under bonnet and another under bumper on NSF arch area for stop/start. When I got the car the battery was on the low end of acceptable in voltage terms but its never failed me in starting no matter how long I leave it. Next day all back to normal..engine service message the antiskid and sto/start had stopped again. Im wondering if we might have battery issues after all. usually when you have a duff battery whilst driving silly things start happening like wipers come on etc. So thats my next check too get the battery load tested. Its a 750Ah AGM battery.

No matter what message come up just drive through it as long as you are happy with your servicing schedule and car is all sorted in that area so meesages may be wrong. Whilst driving at say 60 engine service message has no effect usualy, but often you will feel slightly reduced performance, or even a very slight perkiness at other times initially. other times it will feel like its half stopping but just keep going as best you can it soon clears. Same with anti-skid though sometime this can put you in limp type mode
but usually again you can drive through it. if it does get bad then just stop and restarted and it soon clears till next time. Dont bother taking it anywhere else to check because they dont have a clue, no one does currently so its a fingers crossed car. You dont want to waste any more money.

So yeah get shot we just have to.
Sounds an awful lot like what's happening with my V50, which incidentally I bought off a fella called Pete in Newmarket back in April, maroon coloured, sound familiar?

To be fair if this is the same car, it's ran sweet as a nut apart from the above mentioned occasional 'anti-skid service required' and occasional hesitation while cruising, followed by a 'engine system service required' warning, that anti-skid only comes on once a month and tends to be cured by turning car off an and on again. Was getting a few more warning lights earlier in the year which were a pain but clearly all electrical gremlins as they'd tend to all come at once, managed to get the CEM module out and scrubbed it with some contact cleaner, which seemed to clear most of the issues I was having, just the irritating hesitation when the engine is under load that remains.

Totally forgot you mentioned the pedal issues and thought the acceleration hesitation I'm getting was something mechanical (clogged dpf backpressure, fuel filter clogged), but fuel filter looks all good and dpf got replaced around 40k ago so ruled them out quite quick.

Scanned mine and got errors P193b and P1577, both related to the accelerator pedal, just wondering if anyone found a permanent solution to this issue besides pedal replacement? Thanks in advance

Last edited by wmitchell; Oct 18th, 2022 at 10:05.
wmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote