View Single Post
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 09:17   #2
Harvey1512
Premier Member

I am very surprised by this article. Everything I have heard previously has suggested that the S40 will cease completely and Volvo will not touch that size of car again. That has been the set up for some time now.

I am not at all surprised by a a complete lack of information from your dealer. If you want any information on new models, when models will finish etc then the last place to go is the dealer. They deliberately keep you in the dark as they are only interested in selling you the cars they have available or can order at that exact moment. It is an old fashioned, and dreadful, method of selling and one that drives me nuts. The best method of discovering up to date info on models is the internet generally or forums related to that particular brand ie. this one.

With regards to the residual value of your car I am not sure it will have a significant effect. You have gone for a high spec model on a car that is solid and classically Volvo but with many modern touches and design features. It has the centre console that is uniformed throughout the Volvo range and that is key. A new S40, if one appears, will not reduce the value to a greater extent than the new S60 would in my opinion.