View Single Post
Old Aug 28th, 2019, 17:28   #26
AlexJG

Hi there,

I just found your buyers guide for secondhand V40's and wish wish wish I had this to hand when I recently bought my 1999 Volvo V40 1.9 SE Estate.

Literally, 10 minutes after leaving the seller, the gear-box blew. The seller has offered to repair the car but we are struggling to find the right part and as time goes on the seller is becoming harder and harder to contact. A classic novice buyer error!

Otherwise, the car seems to be in excellent condition. I would like to keep it so wondered if you can offer advice on what exact gearbox I need and pointers as to where to find one.

My other option is to sell the car but I have no experience in this either. I spent a fair amount on the car and if the seller refuses to help then I cannot really afford to buy the new gearbox so would need to give the car up for sale but would like to recuperate as much of the cash I spent as possible... IF possible!

Here is the original listing for the car that has full details:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-Volv...p2047675.l2557

I spent all my savings on this, so a lesson learned the hard way for sure!

If you could spare some time to help me I'd be so grateful. I've always wanted a Volvo and was so excited for this car.
AlexJG is offline   Reply With Quote