View Single Post
Old Mar 13th, 2018, 22:18   #25
Pigeon
Volvo-loving biker

Photos received, thanks!

Yes, if the fork-lift bloke can make it that would be an enormous help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple-S View Post
1 B30E engine fitted with 4-speed gearbox... There are also a pair of B30 engines covered, outside, one being injection (for Pigeon).
Your photo 016.JPG shows a B30E with a 3-speed auto box fitted; it also has the manifolds, which I need, whereas the one outside hasn't. On the other hand it is the heaviest possible engine/box combination and it's right at the back of the container, so if the fork-lift bloke can't make it... I guess I'd better bring some spanners with me just in case!

All else being equal I would prefer an engine with a lower engine number, as the quoted power outputs got progressively less over time and I don't know how much of that is different injection calibration and how much is actual differences in the head and porting - the power output would still be ample, but if the restriction is due to head/porting differences the efficiency of the engine is also reduced, and it is that which is my prime concern. Unless you reckon one of them's tatered of course

In photo 011.JPG, from the position of the vents in the bellhousing relative to the bolts, I think the most conspicuous auto box is for the inclined engine in the 240/740, and I also think it is possible - though I am much less sure - that it might be a 4-speed; if it is I'm definitely interested in it. (As well as, as I said, one of the auto boxes for a B30.)

Got a couple more thoughts but they're a bit unformed as yet, so I'll include them when I reply to your email later this evening...

Be kind to pigeons
Pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote