View Single Post
Old Mar 14th, 2018, 18:32   #1546
NigelDay
Premier Member

At the risk of stating the obvious, there is a split opinion in the Arianne household. Arianne and son seem to agree the Velar's days are numbered, but Mrs A wants to keep it. This is a difficult situation. Consider this resolution. When this thread was started, the SPA XC60 and the MQB Q5 had not arrived. Now they are here. New models yes, BUT they are both second-generation. Lessons have been learnt. Audi is not a foreign brand in the Arianne household as the lad has/had a TT.
So I would start by getting a value on the Velar to reject on 23 March. I would then take an XC60 and a Q5 and load them with lots of goodies to arrive at a similar price. Try and get two test drives in similar powertrain / suspension models to your chosen specification. Finally sit Mrs A down with the lad and have a review of the options.
Along with others, I really cannot see JLR resolving the multiple issues which now seem to be appearing, and at the £70k price point that really is not good enough. You may even find your 'sweet spot' specification on the XC60 or Q5 is rather less than the money you could walk away with on 23 March, in which case Mrs A could be 'bribed' with a gift of her choice.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote