View Single Post
Old Mar 14th, 2018, 20:02   #1548
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
I have just read a posting from Adrianne this pm on the Velar forum https://www.velarforums.co.uk/viewto...start=10#p8428 that confirms that the “fix” for this problem that was originally going to be fitted to the F-Pace that shared this same issue by virtue of using the same drivetrain has now been withdrawn which IMHO is a game changer as it implies JLR having accepted the problem now cannot fix it.
Game over.
Then the case for rejection is total. Basically JLR know they have a problem with both cars and I'd be surprised if there was not an engineering fix, but I suspect the cost could be prohibitive. Unlike the VEA EGR issue, where a warning light comes on, the JLR issue is more subjective, and JLR are simply hoping most owners will never really notice it. However as I said earlier this is not acceptable in a £70k car. Gothenburg, Ingolstadt, Munich and Stuttgart must be laughing.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote