View Single Post
Old Jun 30th, 2020, 14:33   #8
400-ascona
Premier Member

After having had a few Volvos now I've always skipped the pump on the first belt change and replaced it on the second. However the ones I've removed have always felt perfectly serviceable!

Comes down to how keen you are if you have to go back in to replace it at a later date? At the end of the day I would imagine total failure is low risk, so its just about leaks. If it starts leaking, its not going to stop you completing a journey. It will however mean taking the cam belt off again. So like I said, what value do you put on your time?

Equally, I spent 1 hour skimming the discs for the mother in laws car at the weekend to find that new discs and pads are only £36 (she never goes over 30mph and 3 miles, so Eicher will do!). So it also depends on what a pump costs. Less than £50 for me would be replace. More than £100 and I wouldn't do it. In the middle of the two, I would struggle to make my mind up like you!

Best of luck! Rob