View Single Post
Old Jun 17th, 2018, 18:34   #5
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeZemBer View Post
Mine is not so much of the rear windscreen but the brake dust on the wheels really made it look bad

The brake dust is a bit ridiculous. While they may choose the pad compound for maximum braking efficiency, obviously they wear far quicker than average, going by the dust deposited in just a short day after a thorough wash.
Apart from anything else, all that dirty brake dust must be mixed in the air we breath, which may be as bad or worse for us than diesel particulates.

I only comment on this because I have other vehicles that pollute the wheels far less and even to near zero. Near zero include the Land Cruiser, fitted with ceramic pads, the Ford Ranger which is also an automatic and a Fiat Panda.

Very clean wheels which have some dust deposit but very little from one month to the next include my Honda CRV and Nissan Qashqai. The Nissan is prone to rusting up its rear discs though, needing new discs every three years by the look of it, and more often than it should need pads.

Another area where the D5, or specifically my D5 is dirty is around the exhaust tips. It seems to throw as much soot out of the exhaust as many older cars without filters. It is filthy compared to the pristine cleanliness of the exhaust tip internals of the three other cars and trucks I have with filters. I suspect that exhaust gas leaks past the filter, around the sides, or something. It is not something I would consider 'normal' for a filtered diesel exhaust in 2018

While I'm at it, the wheel arch extensions are not wide enough at the points where they meet mudflaps, allowing all kinds of rural road dirt to fan up the sides of the doors. I've fitted 19" 235 width tyres and matching wheels which help a bit, because they are narrower, but it is still pretty bad. Luckily I don't have silver paint LOL.

Last edited by Quacker; Jun 17th, 2018 at 18:37.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Quacker For This Useful Post: