View Single Post
Old Oct 11th, 2018, 14:18   #72
blueosprey90
Master Member

Very slow progress returning the interior to use. I ordered 3 point inertia style seat belts and await their arrival.

For soundproofing the floor, I’m using ½” thick Hushmat that I ordered from Summit Racing. But I wonder how well it will hold up over time. It’s made from a spongy material and sometimes that type of material tends to disintegrate. I assume it will compress to about ¼” under the carpets. I also ordered some 1/8” Hushmat material for the footwell kickboards. I’m thinking I might put that material under the fabric rather than under the panel.

The floor carpets themselves are quite cheesy. I assume they came from one of the usual Volvo parts suppliers. The prior owner made some cuts at the edges of the carpets so they could fold where necessary and I have had to cut holes in the toeboard for the gas, brake & clutch pedals and for the headlight dimmer switch. The carpet will unravel at these cuts and I need to hand sew some reinforcement and even then it is not that strong. The same problem exists where the transmission shifter comes through the carpet. I think these will be short lived. Ultimately, I think I can get much more suitable, unraveling carpet from a local carpet supply shop.

I need to deal with the window and door seals. Some seals came with the car, but none of it looks like what’s on the car. For the door frame, I also need what is described as “door aperture trim”, part 99457, but what’s on the car is pretty flimsy stuff, and I’m not sure how I will fit new material under the headliner at the top. I also have some window fuzzies, but my material doesn’t look like it will fit correctly.

My home made seat latch for the passenger side seat came out fairly well. Awaiting reassembly.

I was hoping to get the car back on the road for a ride or two before winter. Not sure I'll be able to make it happen.
blueosprey90 is offline   Reply With Quote