View Single Post
Old Nov 22nd, 2019, 18:51   #15
Euroboy

Well, that's weird...
What kind of ignition are you guys running tho ?

The TZ28H that I had (cuz im replacing it for 123 now) used to only have 2 wires going in/out of it. This system doesnt really communicate with the injection... Appart from the power from the ignition switch and the tach wire (red/white) there isnt anything.

My car doesnt prime the pump when I turn the ignition switch to the run position. It does take a second or two to shut the pumps of after the engine stopped tho. The relay is a genuine Volvo green relay and its like, 3 months old. I replaced it out of precaution, the one that came with the car was working fine but never primed the pump before either...

Its not the 1st 240 that I've seen with this behavior. My car is electrically sound, it being an 88 means the harness is fine + ive checked the wiring and it doesn't like anyone messed up with it and it seems to be in a really good shape for its age.

As for K Jet... Yeah, they really don't like sitting/bad fuel.
Changing the thermostat is a must, as the mixture is enriched by the WUR until it reaches operating temp. My thermostat was broken, alongside a bad hot air intake. I ditched and removed the hot air intake and replaced the thermostat, putting an 88 C one. I'm not sure if this is the correct temp tho, but 82 seemed cold imo. Afterward the car ran much better, tho I heavily suspect that I have leaky injectors and bad injector seals. Ive also checked my throttle body and its covered in carbon... I might pull the entire intake manifold and do a full overall of the unit, I'll get a better access to both the WUR and metering plate/fuel distributor but I don't have the money for a rebuilt kit... arff.

K Jet is great once set up right ! 240s equipped with it aren't that common (its more common in Europe than in the states + K Jet was ditched early in the states compared to Europe). Guys at VW and Mercedes guys are a good source of information when it comes to it, as a lot of their cars came with some variants of it.

edit : the accumulator is pressurized after shut off, to prevent nasty vapor lock. And it does hold some pressure for more than 20min, once the car sat 3 days and it still had enough residual pressure to make a mess during the fuel filter change...
Euroboy is offline   Reply With Quote