View Single Post
Old Oct 31st, 2014, 18:32   #27
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BramV70 View Post
Having similar problems however since the last week it has become rather constant in the sense that in the morning at 6 AM the car does not start 9does crank) and in the afternoon when i return from work with enough daylight and time the car starts perfectly.

We are having quite some fogg here in the morning at the moment so i suspect humidity has to do with the problems.

After a fail to start (in the morning) a parasitic draw empties the battery.
Battery condition is fine (can do several start attempts and also had it tested)
Car cranks and gives the suggestion of a normal start (for a split second)
Continuing starting does not give this suggestion again
Remove key and put it back in again gives the suggestion of a normal start (split second)

Spraying start help in the air intake does not give a reponse.

Will measure the antenna ring tonight howerver suspect it will not give a result.

Previous owner had the antenna ring replaced (equal problems) and even had the connector to the immobiliser replaced in an attempt to solve this problem. Am having teh car now for two years and drives fantastic in summer and has this starting problem in autumn/winter.

Any tips where to search?

Problem is in the afternoons when i have time and light there is no problem so very difficult to find. ODB reader does not show any fault codes.
Check and clean all earth points.
Check and clean throttle area.