View Single Post
Old Feb 22nd, 2019, 15:56   #37
haymitch

Could someone help me with this problem again please? Sadly it has reoccurred

A few months ago I had the coolant temperature sensor changed on my Volvo 940 and also tried putting some meths in the tank. The car had been better since then.

The car has the same symptoms. The car sounds like it's going to start, splutters if you put the foot on the accelerator pedal but doesn't get going. I managed to get myself home yesterday by using some starter fluid, but same problem again. The strange this is that the weather hasn't been very cold this week. Once the car has had a good run it can be started again without a problem.

I have tried reading the codes using Loki's special code reader, but there are no codes coming through.

I think the new coolant temperature sensor may have failed again because I've read on these forums that there are some low quality sensors around and that coolant temperature sensors can fail without registering any codes. Also, I thought the following might be worth trying:

- Cleaning the MAF sensor
- Try some more methylated spirts in the fuel tank, but I have tried this before.
- Clean the throttle body
- Replace the fuel filter

Last edited by haymitch; Feb 22nd, 2019 at 16:25.
haymitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to haymitch For This Useful Post: