View Single Post
Old Jan 21st, 2019, 10:55   #13
familymangreg
Premier Member

So things to note ahead of the below: we have options ticked in Sensus to automatically turn on both front heated seats and steering wheel heating when the temperature is below 8c (or whatever the threshold is). When we get in the car and start it normally, this does indeed happen pretty quickly.

Now, this morning I left for the office and while passing the car on the way out realised it was pretty iced up. My wife would be heading out a few minutes later on the school run, so I thought I'd do something about it, caring family man that i am. Having no key, I pulled out my phone and had the car started in no time. I didn't open any door or even unlock the car. Initially the windscreen was frozen all over, and after about a minute, I could hear the fans starting to blow at the base of the windscreen, and within a couple of minutes the ice was softening and I could start to run my fingers through it in the centre of the screen, and a short while later it was loosening all the way across (we have head up display, not heated screen). My wife then appeared and unlock the car, and with a single stroke of the wipers, the screen was clear. Note also that the heated rear screen had come on and done it job in this time too.

However, the heated wheel was nice and warm, but the seats still stone cold. So why the heated wheel should come on during remote start, and not the seats, left me a little puzzled. I can only think this is a software bug rather than something designed into the system.

FYI, standing next the car and doing this all via remote start was an experiment, I would normally go fetch a key and take the more traditional approach!

:wq