View Single Post
Old Sep 28th, 2021, 10:12   #103
Fika

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherv60 View Post
If there is no supply shortage then this panic buying won't matter assuming people are making the same journeys as they normally do. The whole situation will be fine in a few days, you can only keep filling the car up if you are driving it.
and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Much as I thought: all the fuss was due to panic buying, now that people have filled up the tanks of their cars and their jerry cans in the shed the hysteria...
That is in line with what I was thinking (or hoping) as well, that this was all just hysteria and within 1-2 weeks it would be resolved. If that does not happen to be the case, there may have been some truth to the claim but we'll see, we're still on week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dped View Post
HGV driver earned £12hr and works 40hrs a week (he as a great job) gives him £480 before stoppages. Now earns £14hr so get £560 and thinks things are on the up.
Taking that at face value, that's utter garbage of a salary for the pain. Most decent companies recognise shiftwork/odd working hours ruins your health in short order. Nobody at my place (for example) would work those patterns for less than 20 per hour and their work is pretty tame compared to HGViing all night long.
Fika is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fika For This Useful Post: