Thread: B20 build
View Single Post
Old Dec 13th, 2015, 10:38   #26
tdz840
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khe Sanh View Post
Thanks Russ, put in an offer on a tank and ordered the NRV. What size VAC hose fits do you remember? The cheapass route is good.

I'm back working on the car, so many ideas and things to do. I snapped my thumb tendon earlier in the year which stopped me working at the workshop for a while.
Mitch
Did you put in an offer on a tank with the hoses attached? They are normally sealed on and makes everything simpler. Other wise you need hose that will hold 30"HG as well as fit the tank outlet. Hoses need to hold the vacuum and whilst on eBay they say they are suitable for vacuum I'm dubious. It needs to be reinforced really.
I'm putting together with a guy in China a complete silicone hose kit for the 1800 including a preformed hose from the heater valve to head. Rather than the straight hose that doesn't run well.
Also a split oil cooler hose. As part of that kit will be servo hoses. That may not help you now but eBay has plenty. The audi tank I have only has a small bore hose but it's the tank volume that's important
Snapped tendon, sounds painful. I had an accident in the MX5, C3, C6 and C7 have herniated. Apparently need a fusion. My mate reckons it will be better than the Brass Neck I'm currently😄
Russ
tdz840 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tdz840 For This Useful Post: