View Single Post
Old Aug 24th, 2017, 21:14   #2
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phandy View Post
My Cambelt is due, it was last done 10 years ago. The car has done 150k and I am hoping to run it for another year or 2.

It is not my pride and joy, but I do take care of my cars and want a safe , reliable car.

I have had a quote for 260 GBP to replace the cambelt and tensioners. Is this fair in your experience? I think it sounds reasonable.

Did any of you change your water pump and or any other local belts the last time you had your cambelt done? Just want to make sure there's nothing local i should be asking to be changed at the same time that I might have missed.

Thank you for your help
That is cheap for a first class job. Do not change the water pump, they go for hundreds of thousands of miles - I have had two cars 270,000mls and 370,000mls still on the original pumps. If you do change it make sure it is genuine Volvo; I would never change an original pump for a pattern part. Also change the auxiliary belt and the tensioner. My old P1 only let me down once in 370,000mls when the aux belt tensioner decided it had had enough at 75mph on the motorway. Luckily it did not take the cambelt with it.
ITSv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post: