Thread: condensor again
View Single Post
Old Nov 8th, 2017, 13:25   #2
Faust
Master Member

I've certainly found that cheap ignition components from eBay or the local auto-jumble are a waste of time and money.

Distributor caps: few years back I was not even getting 500 miles out of them before the carbon bush in the top (where if touches the rotor arm) would break off. Spent a bit more money on a decent quality cap from Simon at Brookhouse and I've not had a problem since.

Your condenser issue might relate to cheap, unreliable parts, or it could be a symptom of another issue with your engine.

First thing I would check is all the earths in the engine bay, with particular attention to the condenser wiring and bracket.

Is the rest of the ignition system (both low and high tension sides) in good order?

Are you sure you're using the right type of condenser - there are different types available. From memory, some have a round plastic bung (where is fits through the dizzy body) and some have a square shape. Not sure how much difference this will make - but I'm sure Ron will be along soon to share his wealth of electrical knowledge!

Last edited by Faust; Nov 8th, 2017 at 13:29.
Faust is offline   Reply With Quote