View Single Post
Old Apr 6th, 2018, 15:22   #1
SvenS60

Default Newly inherited 340

Afternoon,
Unfortunately Grandpa has had to move to a care home and the house clear-out has begun.
He has a Volvo 340 which has always been garaged, but is in average condition.
The car had its last trip on the way back from the MOT station on the 23 March 2012. It was MOT'd with an indicated 66,664 miles on the clock and now shows just two miles more than that.
Please feel free to look at the MOT history of the car. You will see that a good deal of work must have been done to deal with corrosion on the car.
I tried to get the car started by adding some new fuel and using a boost pack, but have had no luck.
Cosmetically there are a couple of areas that are rusting including around the mirror on the driver’s door and at the rear nearside.
I had a romantic notion about getting this car started and using it for a short while for old-times-sake, but that has not materialised!
I realise these cars are not worth very much in even good condition, but would really like if this car could be of use to someone rather than having it scrapped.
If you would like the car, it is yours for a small donation to Cancer Research UK.
We are based in Glasgow, G44.
Please feel free to PM me for more details.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7181.jpg (279.3 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7182.jpg (239.8 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7183.jpg (183.4 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7189.jpg (217.9 KB, 77 views)
SvenS60 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SvenS60 For This Useful Post: