View Single Post
Old Dec 11th, 2018, 15:49   #4
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
Hi ITSV40

Many thanks for your reply.

As mentioned, it's going for a service this Saturday, so all the fluids/coolants etc should be changed.

I do know the right hand side suspension is not good - when I pop the bonnet and push down on the right hand side, the top of the suspension moves around, and the left hand side doesn't.

Timing belt and Tensioner - im a basic novice mechanic with the help of you tube - would you leave this to the experts?

I only paid £600 for the car..

could I ask your thoughts on why you would leave well alone with regards to tuning?

Cheers

Rob
Regards the timing belt change: it is fairly straight forward as far as belts are concerned, however, it seems a bit strange that you are getting a garage to change the fluids etc while contemplating a critical technical job. Logically it would be the other way round.

With the tuning: I have been around the old car scene for many years and originality is king, so I am biased against modifications. However, on a practical note, your car is 20 odd years old with unknown history and not the most 'sporting' to begin with. So why would you spend money on an unknown and chase horsepower. In my experience once you start chasing horsepower it is never ending.You would have been better off buying a T5 in the first place as they are sorted from the factory and awesome performance. My son has had two V50 T5's and truly sleepers in everyway. My C70 has plenty of performance as standard and I would think your V70 is going to be similar.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote