Thread: Auto stop start
View Single Post
Old Nov 30th, 2019, 09:27   #5
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordiesteve View Post
Well guys,
Picked the car up tonight. 19 plate V90 R design D4 winter pack convenience pack in ice white, which I didn't realise until tonight is a pearlescent. Looks lovely.

Amazed with the pilot assist coming back up the A1, and while I'm bound to have LOADS of nooby questions (here's my first ones lol.

The pilot assist seems to slightly favour the left hand side of the lane, and while it tracks perfectly I assume this is to do with the radar?
Secondly - the auto start stop. I've got it selected but in 2.5 hrs of driving it never came on?
I've tried it with the selection unselected and with it selected, but it's never came on either way?

Once I get to grips with the tech I will have loads more to ask too 😊
Pilot assist does look as though it is to the left of the lane from the drivers position, this is the same on all, there have been several threads posted on this, I thought mine was too far to the left but my wife sat in the passenger seat said it looked more to the right, so I think it must be in the middle of the lane. It is a bit closer to other vehicles than we would normally be when overtaking.

Stop start: if the car has not been used for a while it may just be the battery is a bit low, the stop start will not operate if the battery is below a factory preset level, if after long run it still does not work you may have a battery problem, if you have a smart charger suitable for AMG batteries charge the batteries using the engine bay charge point connectors and see if it works then and how long it keeps working. (Or get the dealer to charge it)
I and several others have had faulty batteries that were ok starting the car but never held enough charge to work stop start, I used to have to charge mine with a battery charger to get SS to work but it would only last several days before SS stopped working.
After a replacement battery under warranty it has worked perfectly ever since.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.

Last edited by nu11eaf; Nov 30th, 2019 at 09:30.
nu11eaf is online now   Reply With Quote