View Single Post
Old Sep 5th, 2018, 18:44   #5
Notlob

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazondean View Post
If you really want to sell it and achieve a reasonable market value, then auction it off.

The problem with any value these days is that we are blinded by dealers trying to push prices up for everything, giving people the idea of what something is worth. When in reality, these dealer cars are advertised Month after Month without sale. When they do sell they try their hardest to make you think they got near to the asking price, when in reality we will never know.

I used to be amazon mad, before prices got silly. I even dabbled with a couple of p1800's that most are hiding the fact that they are near scrap.

I am pretty sure if I turned up with a torch and magnet I would end up falling out with you over it's real condition, as without trying to sound pedantic, I would find things you never realised was there, or not there!

If you keep it long enough, the value will go up to what you are asking, but my opinion is to try an auction if you actually want to sell. But be prepared to have a shock!
Dean,

I don't think I'd fall out with anyone if they were pointing out true faults that I hadn't realised where there. But I can be pretty sure that you'd struggle to find anything that's not metal on it.

Dave
Notlob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Notlob For This Useful Post: