View Single Post
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 16:15   #7
nrobinson

Thanks all who have replied so far to this thread. so the latest....

Yesterday a new left front ABS sensor arrived so duly fitted last night so i went a short while with no ABS message, and the BCM-011 message is no more.

However this afternoon the triangle warning light came on (not accompanied by the ABS warning) and a message in the display saying anti-skid service required. On the way home i also noticed heavy vibration a speed. My front right wheel is warm, front left is hot!

Got home and first thing i did was to fire up Vida which is reporting:-

- red warning BCM-0136 (Brake pressure sensors 1&2 signal outside its permitted range
- amber / yellow warning BCM-0133 (Brake pressure sensor 2 signal too low)

I've jacked up the front of the car and with ignition off the front right wheel is incredibly difficult to turn by hand. The front left nearly impossible.

Just to add for completeness - wind back a couple of years ago, i had a problem with the front left getting hot but not the front right. There was no warning messages. Caliper appeared to be seized and because of this i had to change the brake pads winding back pistons in the process. The problem with the caliper vanished .

Any thoughts? - have i got a mechanical problem causing electronic warning or electronic problem causing a mechanical one?
Can the system still apply pressure to the brake circuits even with the ignition off?

Help please - next troubleshooting steps?- supposed to be towing a caravan in a weeks time. As it is at the moment dont even like driving the car on its own!!!

Thanks

Nick
nrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote