View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2010, 22:14   #6
petrov05

[QUOTE=steve10001;673406]Hi all, Just wondering if anyone knew of a step-by-step ETM replacement guide with pics, would sure help us who haven't got the cash to do it at a garage (i understand it would need to be programmed afterward..)

Hi, its very simple job but you need to have a new gasket to replace the old one when you fix the new ETM. You need to disconnect the flex hose from the air filter and undo the 4 bolts that hold the ETM in place. Follow the leads to the plug and disconnect it. There is no need to cut the cables as if you play little bit with the plug and move it to the left you will be able to free it up. The re-progamming is a costly bit as you would need to go to Volvo main dealer and pay around £200+ I was told to get it re-programmed to work with your ECU. There is no garantee the replacement ETM will not fault as again. I have found a Canadian company that have patented a replacement for the faulty part in the existing ETM and are supplying a reconditioned ETM's with pre-loaded software for your car( you send them your VIN number) included in the price. Please have a look at this website http://xemodex.com/

Thanks

Peter
petrov05 is offline   Reply With Quote